• Provide a safe, loving environment in which children can flourish.
• Share the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ with children at their level of understanding.
• Lead the children into a saving knowledge of Christ.
• Partner with parents in training their children in the Christian faith.
• Provide children with dynamic teaching, inspiring them to choose God’s way in all areas of their lives.
Loving nursery care is provided for newborns through age two during all worship services. Preschoolers (age 2-5) have wonderful age-appropriate Bible lessons each week taught by teams of dedicated adults and teens. Babies and preschoolers can be checked into their classes immediately upon arrival at the church or following the worship portion of the service.
Our elementary age boys and girls stay with their families during the singing portion of the worship service and are then dismissed to age-appropriate classes as follows:
• Grades 1-5 children’s church, Kempsville campus, Saturday during 6:00 p.m. service
• Grade-specific classes, Kempsville campus, Sunday during 9:30 a.m. service
• Grades 1-5, Deep Creek campus, Sunday during 10:15 a.m. service
• Grades 1-5 children’s church, Kempsville campus, Sunday during 11:30 a.m. service
School-age children desiring to be baptized in water are required to participate in a class discussing baptism, typically held the week before scheduled baptisms.